Road closed for five hours after motorist killed
A MOTORIST has been killed in a serious crash on the A12.
A MOTORIST was killed in an horrific accident on the A12 which left one carriageway closed for more than seven hours and tailbacks of up to five miles.
It is believed that three cars were involved in the incident with one of the vehicles colliding with the central reservation barrier.
Two people were also taken to hospital as a result of the accident which happened on the southbound carriageway at the Boreham Interchange, near Chelmsford, at about 5.30pm.
A spokesman for Essex Police said last night it was too early to reveal the victim’s gender, their age, or whether they were from the local area.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that he expected the southbound stretch of the A12 from between junction 20A at Hatfield Peverel to the Boreham Interchange at junction 19 to be closed until the early hours of Saturday.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!