Delays on A12 after bridge incident road block near Colchester
- Credit: Tom Potter
Motorists faced delays on the A12 on Thursday afternoon following an incident at a bridge near Colchester United football stadium.
Traffic was left queuing in both directions following the incident on Thursday afternoon.
Delays continued between junctions 28 and 29 after police lifted restrictions imposed following the incident.
It meant traffic also moved slowly on surrounding approaches.
All restrictions were lifted at 4.50pm following a brief road block by police.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “We were called shortly before 4.20pm on Thursday, April 11, with concerns for the safety of a man on a bridge over the A12 between junctions 28 and 29 in Colchester.
“The road was closed in both directions while we spoke to him and brought him to safety.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 9 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
“He was detained under the Mental Health Act.”