Delays likely for motorists due to road closure for emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that delays are likely in Sudbury on Friday due to a road closure for emergency patch repairs.
Suffolk Highways has announced that Girling Street in the town will be closed from the junction with East Street until Melford Road between 8pm on December 14 and 5am on December 15.
A diversion will be in place during the scheduled patch repairs.
The organisation tweeted: “Girling Street, Sudbury, will be closed on December 14 between 8pm and 5am for emergency repairs. Please follow the diversion.”
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
You may also want to watch:
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes in Suffolk.
The organisation gives greater priority to the repair of roads that carry the most vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders