Road now open after huge warehouse fire
THE FINAL road closure has been lifted after a fire saw 200 people evacuated.
THE FINAL road closure has been lifted after a fire caused 200 to be evacuated.
A total of 14 fire crews from across Essex were called to the fire which ripped through an industrial warehouse in Maldon, Essex.
Police have now lifted the final road closure which remained in place overnight.
The Causeway was fully reopened at around 9.45am today and any residents who were unable to return to their homes will now be allowed back into the area.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have also established that the fire was not suspicious.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day