Road remains closed after sinkhole opens in High Street, Thorpe-le-Soken
- Credit: Su Anderson
The High Street in Thorpe-le-Soken remains closed this morning after a sinkhole opened up yesterday evening.
The B1033 High Street is closed in both directions while emergency repair work is carried out between the B1414 Landermere Road junction and the Golden Lane junction.
An Anglian Water spokesman said a team had investigated the situation as it had taken place in an area where sewer work had taken place previously, but confirmed it was not an issue from the sewers.
The spokesman said: “We have been out to have a look at it and everything is fine on the sewer front. But we have made Essex County Council aware.”
A spokesman for Essex Highways added: “The site is currently closed to traffic while work takes place to repair the hole.”
Motorists are being advised that there are delays in the area, and should use an alternative route while work is ongoing.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten