Road remains closed after sinkhole opens in High Street, Thorpe-le-Soken
- Credit: Su Anderson
The High Street in Thorpe-le-Soken remains closed this morning after a sinkhole opened up yesterday evening.
The B1033 High Street is closed in both directions while emergency repair work is carried out between the B1414 Landermere Road junction and the Golden Lane junction.
An Anglian Water spokesman said a team had investigated the situation as it had taken place in an area where sewer work had taken place previously, but confirmed it was not an issue from the sewers.
The spokesman said: “We have been out to have a look at it and everything is fine on the sewer front. But we have made Essex County Council aware.”
A spokesman for Essex Highways added: “The site is currently closed to traffic while work takes place to repair the hole.”
Motorists are being advised that there are delays in the area, and should use an alternative route while work is ongoing.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market