Road reopens after serious crash between motorcycle and van in Beccles
A woman has suffered a “potentially life-changing” head injury during a crash in Beccles.
The woman was on a motorcycle along with a man, who has also been taken to hospital, when it collided with a Ford Fiesta van in George Westwood Way around 12.35pm.
The two patients were taken to James Paget hospital by land ambulance, but the man’s injuries are not believed to be serious.
The road was closed at the junction of the A146 and also at the station roundabout until around 4.30pm.
The East of England Ambulance service, Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service and an East Anglian Air Ambulance were in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary’s serious collision investigation team is still at the scene of the crash and the road is expected to be closed for several hours while enquiries get underway.
Firefighters attended to deal with an oil spillage in the road.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
The male driver of the van is not thought to be injured.