Road repair work on the A12 and A14 set to start at the end of the month
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Repair work at key junctions on the A12 and A14 is to start at the end of this month – with engineers moving in on November 30.
The £3m work will resurface parts of the roads and replace sections of safety barrier on the roads – and is scheduled to continue until April. Drivers will be hoping there is no repeat of this year’s work on the A12 in Suffolk which was scheduled to last until Easter but eventually led to speed restrictions operating until June.
The first phase will focus on new road markings, installing new road signs, replacing sections of safety barrier and resurfacing sections of the road on the A12 in the Chelmsford area, near Stratford St Mary and the Colchester south interchange.
In December, the work will involve embankment repairs near Chelmsford, resurfacing at the Galleywood junction south of Colchester and new road signs between Stratford St Mary and East Bergholt.
Highways England project manager, Homy Atife, said: “This work will make journeys better for local people by improving safety for the thousands of drivers that use these roads each day.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand this scheme will cause some disruption for drivers and we have planned to carry out the work overnight to reduce the impact.
“I would urge motorists to plan ahead and allow extra time in case of any delays. Local residents directly affected by the work have been informed and will be escorted through the work where appropriate.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
In the New Year work will take place on the A12 at Stratford St Mary, replacing barriers on the A14 junction between Wherstead and Levington, drainage work on the A12 Suffolk/Essex border and resurfacing on the A12 between junctions between Colchester and East Bergholt.
The final two phases of work will begin early next year and all work will be suspended during the Christmas period to enable motorists to get away over the festive period.