Roadworks to take place over the coming week along the A12 and A14 in Suffolk and Essex
There’s a series of road closures and work set to be carried out over the coming week on the A14 and A12 routes in Suffolk and Essex.
Vegetation clearance along the A12 verges between Ipswich and Brentwood continues with lane closures in place past the section being worked on overnight, between 8pm and 6am. The work is due to be completed by the end of April.
Work to improve safety by renewing road markings along the A11 between the A14 junction 38 where the two roads meet and the Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills, Mildenhall, started on Wednesday, April 18, and is due to be completed on May 4. The A11 northbound carriageway will be closed between 8pm and 6am week nights with a signed diversion via A14 junction 43 (Bury St Edmunds) and the A134.
And the A12 northbound between Chelmsford and Colchester continues next week. The carriageway between junctions 19 (Chelmer Village/Springfield) and 26 (Stanway) will be closed on week nights between 8pm and 6am. A signed diversion route will be in place via the A138, A130, A131, and A120 to Marks Tey and along the B1408 to A12 J26. Emergency surface repairs will also take place within these closures.
Resurfacing will also take place on the A12 north and southbound carriageways. The southbound carriageway will be closed between junctions 12 (Mountnessing) and 15 (Margeretting) on Monday to Thursday nights between 8pm and 6am with a clearly a diversion route via the B1002.
You may also want to watch:
An ongoing programme of work to repair damaged safety barriers along the A12 and A120 in various locations continues with working hours of 8pm to 6am, week nights only. Single lane closures will be in place past the area being worked on.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich