Roadworks lifted on A14, A120 and A12 as great bank holiday weekend getaway arrives
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Roadworks on major routes in the region are being completed or suspended over the bank holiday weekend to give travellers the best possible journeys.
Highways England has lifted a number of restrictions on trunk roads to improve journeys on one of the busiest weekends of the year. The A120 between Colchester and Harwich should be clear of roadworks and the A12 resurfacing on the Chelmsford by-pass has been completed.
The work on the A14 around Cambridge is being suspended to allow traffic to flow more freely – as has work on the A11 between the A14 and the M11.
In Lowestoft Highways England have finished maintenance work on the bascule bridge. Further afield roadworks have been completed on the A1 around Peterborough and on the M25 at Dartford in Kent.
Simon Sheldon-Wilson, director of customer operations at Highways England, said: “To help road users enjoy this bank holiday weekend, we’re completing or suspending over 400 miles of roadworks on motorways and major trunk roads. But we’re still asking people to play their part by planning their journeys and making use of the traffic information services we provide.”
You may also want to watch:
In all, 432 miles of roadworks will be removed across the country. Highways England is completing 115 schemes and suspending a further 62 sets of roadworks.
For the safety of drivers and their passengers, lane restrictions or temporary speed limits will need to remain at 52 locations.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
Full details of the roadworks being lifted, both temporarily and permanently, over the bank holiday weekend can be obtained at Highways England’s website www.highways.gov.uk
There are also major disruption on the rail line between the region and London with buses replacing trains between Ipswich, Colchester, and Harwich on Sunday and Monday.
For full details of the disruption of rail changes visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk and click on the Travel Information icon.