Roadworks to close parts of A14, A12, A11 and A120 in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks for the coming week will bring full and partial closures to major roads in Suffolk and Essex including the A14, A12. A11 and A120.
Highways England announced its planned works for Monday-Sunday, which it said had been arranged to cause as little disruption possible.
Work to widen the westbound entry slip road for the A14 at junction 52, Claydon, will continue this week, including a full weekend westbound carriageway closure from 8pm Friday, November 10 to 6am Monday, November 13.
Overnight closures will also take place on the A14 at Moulton Bridge, west Suffolk, to allow for bridge joint replacements and resurfacing. The closures will be 8pm-6am, Monday-Friday.
Maintenance work to restore sections of the A14 westbound between Kentford and Newmarket will continue until December 1. The A14 will be closed at junction 42, Westley interchange, on weekday evenings 8pm-6am.
You may also want to watch:
Resurfacing of the A14 between Orwell and Levington begins on Monday, with work to be carried out in section. A number of junctions will be closed from 9pm-6am each night.
Repairs to barriers damaged in accidents will take place at various locations along short sections of the A14 through Suffolk. There will be single lane closures from Monday to Friday overnight between 8.30pm and 6am only. Further repairs will also be carried out on the A12 in Suffolk and Essex, and the A120 in Essex.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 10 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
Work to replace the deck expansion joint on the A11 bridge over the Little Ouse near Thetford will begin this week, overnight from 8pm-6am.
Vegetation clearances on the A11 between Newmarket and Norwich will bring lane closures from 8pm-6am.
Condition surveys of the A12 northbound between junctions 25 and 26, around Kelvedon, will start on Thursday for two nights with closures from 8pm-6am.
Drainage sweeping on the A120 between Stansted and Braintree will bring moving single lane closures from 8.30pm-5am, Monday-Saturday.
Site investigations and vegetation clearance work will continue throughout the week as part of safety improvements to the A120 Hare Green roundabout, Harwich Road. There will be traffic management on site but this will have no impact on any road users.
Highways England said it had clearly signed diversions in place for all major road closures.