Robbers attempt to rip ATM out of wall at Co-op in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Robbers attempted to steal an ATM from a Braintree Co-op after tying a rope around the machine.
Police are appealing for information regarding the incident, which took place the Co-op in Church Street around 3.40am this morning.
Three suspects forced entry into the building before tying a rope around the cash machine, which was then connected to a white Ford Connect van.
The suspects used the vehicle to drag the machine’s outer shell off before driving away. This was later found in Deanery Hill.
The cash machine itself remains in the building.
You may also want to watch:
Police carried out a search of the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
Officers are now carrying out house to house enquiries close to the scene and reviewing CCTV.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Anyone with information, any CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101 quoting incident 66 of 08/11.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or click here to visit their website.