Robbers attempt to rip ATM out of wall at Co-op in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Robbers attempted to steal an ATM from a Braintree Co-op after tying a rope around the machine.
Police are appealing for information regarding the incident, which took place the Co-op in Church Street around 3.40am this morning.
Three suspects forced entry into the building before tying a rope around the cash machine, which was then connected to a white Ford Connect van.
The suspects used the vehicle to drag the machine’s outer shell off before driving away. This was later found in Deanery Hill.
The cash machine itself remains in the building.
You may also want to watch:
Police carried out a search of the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
Officers are now carrying out house to house enquiries close to the scene and reviewing CCTV.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
Anyone with information, any CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101 quoting incident 66 of 08/11.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or click here to visit their website.