Cyclist could hold key to finding pair of robbers who carried out Colchester attack
A man was repeatedly punched and kicked by two men demanding money in a vicious assault in Colchester.
Police said the robbery took place as the victim, aged in his 30s, walked along a cycle path that runs through Lower Castle Park, adjacent to Wells Road.
He was approached by the men around 7.15pm on Wednesday, March 27.
The man ran off after one of the suspects swore at him. They chased him, punched and kicked him, and demanded money. It is believed they stole his mobile phone.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Hannah Richardson, of Colchester CID, said: “The victim was chased by two men, who caught up with him and repeatedly punched and kicked him while demanding money.
You may also want to watch:
“During the incident the victim put his mobile phone on the floor. It could not be found after the incident and is believed to have been stolen.
“I am looking to identify anyone who saw or heard any part of the incident or noticed two men acting suspiciously in the area at the time.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
“I am particularly keen to speak to a cyclist who was in the area at the time. He was described as white, aged in his 50s and rode a small foldable bike.”
The first suspect is described as white, aged in his late 20s to early 30s, and about 5ft 7ins to 5ft 8ins tall. He wore a dark, hooded jumper.
The second suspect was white, aged in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5ft 7ins tall and of average build. He wore a light coloured top.
Anyone with information is asked to call Colchester CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/48999/19.
Alternatively, people can contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org