Robbers target West Bergholt village shop and leave with three-figure sum
Robbers held-up an Essex village shop last night with what appeared to be a gun, police have said.
The incident took place at Ash’s Convenience Express in Colchester Road, West Bergholt, shortly before 6.45pm.
Two men – one of them armed with what appeared to be a gun – entered the shop and demanded money from the shop owner.
They left with a three-figure sum.
One was described as black, aged in his early 30s and between 5ft 10in and 5ft 11in tall. He was slim, had acne scars on his face and stubble, and wore a black tracksuit.
You may also want to watch:
The other was described as black, aged in his early to mid 20s, clean shaven and wore a black tracksuit.
Police carried out a search of the area and enquiries are ongoing to locate the suspects.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses who saw two men matching the descriptions given in the area at the time or anyone with information that could assist the investigation.
Contact Colchester CID on 101 quoting reference 42/56185/18.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111 or use the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org