Man suffers possible broken jaw in alleyway attack
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man in his 20s suffered facial injuries after he was attacked in an alleyway during a robbery.
The victim reported that he was attacked by another man while walking in an alleyway off Mount Pleasant in Halstead, at around 4am this morning.
The victim, aged 20, was taken to hospital with a possible fractured jaw.
Officers from Essex Police attended the incident and found the man's bag on the floor.
They are trying to establish whether anything was stolen from the bag and the circumstances around the attack.
Officers are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone who has information or saw anyone acting suspiciously before or following the robbery.
They would also like to speak to anyone with CCTV or dash cam footage.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
Please call Braintree CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/182581/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.