Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Firefighters tackled a bungalow fire thought to have been started by a faulty boiler in Brandon today.
Crews received reports of flames coming from the roof of a property in Ashdale Park at 8.50am today, Wednesday, October 27. Crews from Brandon and Mildenhall attended the bungalow fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two appliances attended the scene of the roof fire.
"On arrival crews reported that half of the property was well alight."
The spokesman also confirmed that firefighters, six of who were wearing breathing apparatus, removed felt roof tiles to gain better access to the fire.
A 'stop' call was made at 11.08am today, although crews remained at the scene dampening down after that time.
The spokesman for the fire service added: "There were no casualties as a result of the fire.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 7 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
"The fire is believed to have started due to a boiler malfunction."