Dramatic pictures as sports car crashes into building
- Credit: Archant
This was the dramatic scene in Clacton after a sports car crashed into a building, causing extensive damage.
The incident happened at about 7.30pm on Sunday, June 14.
Officers from Essex Police arrived at the scene at the corner of Rosemary Road and Rosemary Crescent to find a silver car had collided with the corner of a building.
The damage to the building was extensive, smashing through brickwork and exposing insulation within the external wall.
Police were unable to locate the driver of the vehicle directly after the crash.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, June 16, an Essex Police spokesman said the driver of the vehicle had been identified and was assisting the force with its enquiries.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'