Man dies after industrial incident in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Google Street View
A man in his 30s has died following an incident in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers were called to Rougham Tower Avenue in the town just before 3pm on Thursday, April 1 along with the fire and rescue service, ambulance service and a team from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service.
Unfortunately the man died at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
The Health and Safety Executive were informed and were on site today helping police with their investigations.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "The man’s death is being treated as unexplained at this stage. Officers from Suffolk police are currently working with colleagues from the Health and Safety Executive to establish the circumstances leading up to the man’s death.
You may also want to watch:
"The coroner has been notified."
Enquiries remain on going and a police cordon remains in place whilst the investigation continues.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
- 10 'We are on the brink of closure' - Sixty year old swimming club in desperate bid for new coach