Rowhedge: Colchester students charged following 100-person brawl
- Credit: citizenside.com
Two students have been charged with offences following a 100-person brawl in Rowhedge on the evening on June 14.
The incident happened at just before 6pm in the village hall car park in Rectory Road.
Officers received reports that there were around 100 youths fighting and attended the scene to restore order and made arrests.
Kyle Bergin, 19, from King George Road, Colchester, has been charged with assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty, resisting a constable and using threatening abusive or insulting words or behaviour under the Public Order Act.
He is due to appear before Magistrates in Colchester on July 18.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old schoolboy from Colchester is charged with the same offences and will appear before Magistrates at the Colchester Youth Court on July 23.
A third student, a 17-year-old boy from Colchester received a police caution for being drunk and disorderly in a public place.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex