Rowhedge: Police injured while breaking up 100-strong brawl
- Credit: citizenside.com
Two police officers were injured as they broke up a fight between around 100 youths in Rowhedge.
The disturbance in the village hall car park in Rectory Road took place just before 6pm on Saturday, after the village regatta.
One officer injured after he was kicked in the shin while a second suffered hand injuries.
A local boy, 16, also suffered a broken wrist during the incident.
Three people were arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Nick Eliot, of Colchester CID, said: “A large number of young people had gathered in the field and were consuming alcohol. Another incident took place just before where some young men were seen fighting near the basketball court. One of them received a broken wrist.
“We believe people may have filmed the incident on their mobile phones or taken photos. I would urge anyone that does have any footage to get in touch with officers at Colchester CID.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
“We are carrying out house to house enquiries in the local area.”
Ch Insp Richard Phillibrown, district commander for Colchester, added: “This is a one off incident and I would urge local residents not to be concerned. We will be working with the organisers of the event to put some measures in place to try and reduce the risk of this happening in the future.”
Anybody with any footage of the incident or with information should contact Colchester CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.