Royal Baby: Duke and Duchess name their son George
- Credit: PA
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their baby boy.
A statement from Kensington Palace revealed that the royal couple have given their son the traditional moniker of George Alexander Louis.
It said: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis.
“The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.”
Prince George of Cambridge was born at St Mary’s Hospital in London on Monday at 4.34pm weighing 8lb 6oz.
You may also want to watch:
George had been the bookmakers’ favourite for the first name of the prince who is third in line to the throne.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan