New baby prince given royal welcome
- Credit: PA
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have shown off their new baby son outside St Mary’s Hospital in London.
The new arrival was less than seven hours old as he was shown to the world’s media while in the arms of his mother,the Duchess of Cambridge.
Minutes after the brief photocall, the royal couple headed home to Kensington Palace, with William emerging from the hospital carrying his son in a car seat, and holding Kate’s hand.
The duke said they were “very happy” and “very delighted” and joked, holding up three fingers, that he now had “thrice the worry now”.
He added: “We didn’t keep you waiting too long this time.”
You may also want to watch:
When asked whether they had decided on a name, the duke added: “You’ll find out soon enough.”
The new baby was born at 11.01am this morning only hours after the royal couple were driven to the Lindo Wing.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 10 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
Kensington Palace confirmed at 8.24am this morning that the Duchess was in the early stages of labour as the world’s media as well as royal well wishers waited patiently outside for news of the birth.
Kensington Palace announced the baby’s arrival in a statement shortly after 1pm and said the Queen, the royals and Kate’s family were thrilled at the news.
“The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news,” the palace said.