Woodbridge royal cake bake raises £650 for charity
- Credit: Archant
The event was held at the Woodbridge Kitchen Company on the thoroughfare and was organised by a number of Woodbridge shops and eateries to coincide with the wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.
Kya Harrison from Woodbridge Kitchen Company said: “Woodbridge demonstrated a lot of community spirit in coming together not just to mark the wedding but to raise money for a very worthy cause.
“We want to thank everyone who was involved in baking, selling and buying.
“It was a wonderful atmosphere in the town with lots of flag waving, bunting and general happiness.”
All the money raised will go to Scotty’s Little Soldiers which helps bereaved British Forces children and young people.
A charity which was also supported by the royal couple on their big day.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005