Royal wedding: Kate says “We had a great day”
THE Duchess of Cambridge said her glittering wedding to Prince William was a “great day”.
William and Kate began their life together as a married couple after a ceremony that enthralled the world.
The Duchess made her comments to a Press Association photographer who took a picture of her and her husband as they left for a party at Buckingham Palace.
Kate said: “I am glad the weather held off. We had a great day.”
Kate’s evening dress, by designer Sarah Burton, was a strapless white satin gazar evening gown with a circle skirt and diamante embroidered detail round the waist.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, they sealed their love with a kiss on the famous Buckingham Palace balcony to the delight of the nation.
The bride and groom appeared with their families to acknowledge the thousands of well-wishers crowded along The Mall.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
They exchanged a kiss to roars of approval.
Then, as an RAF flypast swept towards the palace, the couple kissed again,.
William and Kate were proclaimed “man and wife” at a historic ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
The future king and his beautiful bride, who will now one day be Queen, pledged their love for one another in the ancient surrounds, watched by millions across the globe.
In a stunning ivory gown with lace applique floral detail designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen, Kate walked up the red carpeted aisle a commoner.
With her new husband at her side and a ring on her finger, the former Miss Middleton left the abbey as HRH the Duchess of Cambridge – William was made a duke by the Queen this morning.
A congregation of 1,900 and up to two billion people saw their vows, as they were beamed live around world.
In the presence of the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Kate’s parents Carole and Michael Middleton and other guests in the abbey, William placed Kate’s simple gold wedding band on her finger.
After stepping outside at the Great West Door, they joined a carriage procession of magnificent pomp and splendour and headed back to the Palace following the ceremony, ready to watch the traditional flypast from the balcony.