Look back at Royal Weddings of the Past: Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip, Charles and Diana, William and Kate and more
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Harry and Markle are set to wed in front of 600 guests at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday, May 19, so we have delved into the archives to look at other Royal Weddings.
We start of the list with the most recent Royal Wedding of Prince William & Duchess Kate when they tied the knot on April 29, 2011, at Westminster Abbey.
The Prince of Wales had his second wedding on 9 April, 2005 to Camilla Parker Bowles at Windsor Guildhall.
The Queen’s daughter Princess Anne had her second wedding on 12 December, 1992 to Commander Timothy Laurence at Crathie Kirk in Scotland.
Years before William and Harry were born, Prince Charles and Princess Diana tied the knot on July 29, 1981, at St. Paul’s Cathedral in front of 3,500 guests.
You may also want to watch:
Princess Anne first marriage was to Captain Mark Phillips on 14 November, 1973 at Westminster Abbey, with the couple divorcing in 1992.
Finishing off with the biggest wedding of them all as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip exchanged wedding vows on November 20, 1947, in Westminster Abbey celebrating their platinum wedding anniversary last year.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England