Goose on the loose found ‘waddling down the road’
- Credit: Archant
This goose on the loose looked like she was in a “bit of a hurry” after she was spotted waddling down a road near Woodbridge - before giving a RSPCA inspector the “runaround”.
RSPCA inspector Natalie Bartle was driving near Woodbridge on Sunday, December 8 when she spotted the goose, who has since been named Mistletoe, running down the road.
She said: "I had to look twice when I first saw this goose just waddling down the road, and she did look in a bit of a hurry.
"She did give me the runaround but fortunately I captured her eventually."
The inspector took the bird under her wing, adding: "I have named her Mistletoe given the festive time of year.
You may also want to watch:
"Once I managed to catch her I popped her in my RSPCA van and then made some enquiries locally to see if she had escaped from the area.
"But despite it being highly unusual to have a goose on the loose, nobody knew who owned her, so I took her off to one of our RSPCA centres to be cared for. Fortunately she was not injured.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
"We really don't know where she came from but it's a possibility due to the time of the year there she could have escaped or fallen off a lorry."