Center Parcs urges guests to respect rule of six when booking
- Credit: Archant
Center Parcs at Elveden Forest is one of many holiday resorts asking customers to rearrange their bookings as a result of the government’s ‘rule of six’ for Covid-19.
The new measures mean it is now illegal for groups of six or more to meet in public or indoors, putting many group staycations on hold.
A spokesman for Center Parcs said: “At Center Parcs we continue to follow government advice. We ask that all of our guests keep up to date with the latest information to understand what this means for their own personal circumstances.
“If any of our guests are impacted by this update, or other Covid-19 related issues, then we are offering flexibility with our Book with Confidence guarantee.
“This allows guests to receive a full refund or change their booking date free of charge in the four weeks before their arrival date.”
A number of group bookings of more than six – who had originally booked one villa between two households – have since either booked two separate villas, rescheduled or cancelled their holidays as a result of the tighter measures.
Households and support bubbles of more than six people exempt from these rules and Center Parcs has said they will turn people away who are believed to be flouting the rules.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
Those who have visited the holiday park recently have praised the company for how well they have followed the rules, their cleanliness and their refund policy.