Running legend Steve Cram to take part in Suffolk event
RUNNERS are being urged to take part in a ten kilometre run through a picturesque Suffolk town alongside a running legend.
Suffolk brewer Adnams is calling for runners to join Steve Cram for the second Adnams Southwold 10k on Sunday, November 21.
Mr Cram is one of the world’s most successful middle-distance athletes of all time, achieving six Gold medals at Commonwealth, European and World Championships and a Silver Olympic medal.
He will be joined by his BBC sports presenting colleague, and fellow Olympic athlete, Allison Curbishly, along with 600 local runners including Abbie Thorrington and Helen Decker.
Emma Hibbert, Head of Corporate Affairs at Adnams, said: “Quite a few of the team here at Adnams are runners so last year we thought it would be a great idea to organise an event on our home turf. Last year we raised �5,000 for the Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge and this year all proceeds will be split between the Adnams Charity and Suffolk SportsAid Destination Gold Project.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hugely honoured that Steve and Allison are able to join us as our special guests to add to the occasion.
“It was a great event last year, with many club runners starting alongside those competing in a race for their first time. As you would expect, there’s a fantastic goody bag for all participants with a bottle of Adnams beer for everyone over 18.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
The race starts at 12pm at the Harbour Inn in Southwold with the finish point at South Green by the Red Lion pub.
To download an entry form visit www.adnams10k.co.uk