Rush hour chaos on major road
AN OVERTURNED lorry load of bricks has totally blocked one of the main routes into Suffolk.Rush hour chaos has been brought to the roads around Newmarket after the truck jack-knifed on the A14 at Exning - sending bricks and dust smashing across both east and west bound carriageways.
AN OVERTURNED lorry load of bricks has totally blocked one of the main routes into Suffolk.
Rush hour chaos has been brought to the roads around Newmarket after the truck jack-knifed on the A14 at Exning - sending bricks and dust smashing across the east bound carriageway.
The road is closed between the junction with the A11 and the junction with the A142 at Exning. The lorry overturned on the eastbound stretch near Exning at around 7am.
Witnesses said bricks and brick dust were strewn across the carriageway, with part of the load spilling over into the westbound carriageway.
Massive tailbacks were being reported. Police have put diversions in place, but are advising drivers to avoid the area.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley