Suffolk man faces jail for assaulting four court security officers
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk man assaulted four security officers while being led to a cell from the dock of a courtroom.
Russell George, 51, of Old Nelson Street, Lowestoft, kicked four Serco guards at Norwich Magistrates' Court on March 22.
The case was proved in George's absence at Suffolk Magistrates' Court, where he failed to attend on video link from HMP Norwich after refusing to leave his cell.
George, who is on remand awaiting trial for other matters at Norwich Crown Court, will be sentenced for four counts of common assault on October 17.
Magistrates also revoked bail for the summary offences, which occurred when security officers attempted to handcuff George and lead him to a cell, after he refused to engage with court officials by plugging his ears and humming throughout a hearing.
You may also want to watch:
One of the officers was signed off work for four weeks with a strained shoulder, neck and arm.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 5 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 8 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country