Suffolk actress revealed as contestant on this year’s I’m A Celeb
West End veteran Ruthie Henshall, crowned one of Suffolk’s most inspiring women, has signed up for the 2020 edition of I’m a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here.
According to The Sun, the 53-year-old is said to be joining operatic tenor Russell Watson and Paralympian Hollie Arnold on the hit ITV show.
For the first time ever this year, contestants won’t be heading to the Australian jungle – because of the pandemic, they will be fighting for the crown in a North Wales castle instead.
Pictures showing Ruthie arriving at a secret photoshoot in London in this year’s official outfits emerged on Thursday, with participants set to undergo two weeks of self-isolation before competing.
The show, which will include the famous camp fire congregation area and outside toilet, bush telegraph and task areas, is due to start on November 15.
MORE: Vanessa Redgrave and Terry Waite team up to help reopen Bury St Edmunds theatreRuthie, born in Bromley, moved to Suffolk as a teenager when her father David took up the news editorship at the East Anglian Daily Times and Evening Star.
She trained as an actress and singer at the Laine Theatre Arts School and at the age of 19, made her stage debut at Clacton’s Princes Theatre in a show called Cascade Revenue.
You may also want to watch:
Ruthie has starred in numerous West End musicals from the original Miss Saigon to Billy Elliot.
Now, she divides her time between the West End and developing shows for cruise ships from her Suffolk home.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed