Paramedics battled for more than an hour to save 27-year-old, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
Paramedics spent an hour trying to save a 27-year-old who had overdosed on a cocktail of drugs, an inquest has heard.
Ryan Walters was found unresponsive by a friend on his sofa in his Stowmarket house on February 12, just two weeks before his 28th birthday.
An inquest into his death, which took place at Suffolk Coroners Court yesterday, September 8, heard how the Suffolk resident had gone on a “bender” with friends at his home in Thatcher’s Walk.
He had fallen asleep on the sofa the previous evening and was checked on periodically by his friends who said he was “snoring”.
However, he was found not to be breathing shortly before 3pm and paramedics were called to the property.
You may also want to watch:
They worked to resuscitate the 27-year-old along with air ambulance medics, but Mr Walters was sadly pronounced dead at 3.54pm.
A toxicology report found that he had taken a number of illegal drugs before his death.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
Senior coroner Nigel Parsley gave the medical cause of death as methadone toxicity and concluded that the death of Mr Walters was drug related.