Ryanair to cancel flights including from Stansted in Essex - have you been affected?
- Credit: Archant
A budget airline which operates from airports including Stansted in Essex is to cancel up to 50 flights a day for the next six weeks, to improve its record on punctuality.
Ryanair announced the plans on Friday after its punctuality fell below 80% for the first half of this month, saying the figures were “unacceptable”.
The Irish-based airline also said it had to clear a backlog of staff leave by the end of the year.
Up to 285,000 passengers could be affected, including those flying from Stansted, with the airline offering alternative flights or refunds.
The company said less than 2% of its flights would be cancelled – but passengers have responded with anger over the short notice.
Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said: “By cancelling less than 2% of our flying programme over the next six weeks, until our winter schedule starts in early November, we can improve the operational resilience of our schedules and restore punctuality to our annualised target of 90%,”
Flights will be operating as scheduled unless passengers have received a cancellation email. Have your flights been affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen