Children have fun with a Safari Explorers Day at the Arc Shopping Centre
- Credit: Archant
The final event of Awesome August, which provided children and parents with free entertainment in the school holidays at the Arc Shopping Centre, in Bury St Edmunds, ended this week with jungle animals.
The furry characters were in town on Monday with face painting, free animal crafting, giant jungle animals and garden games on offer with Safari tour guides as part of a Safari Explorers day.
Many of the children posed for photos with the fun characters and money raised at the event was donated to the My WiSH Charity, which supports the work at the West Suffolk Hospital.
Each week, children came along dressed in themed fancy dress striking a pose for a photo to enter into the weekly competition to win a Cineworld family pass, plus a £50 voucher their favourite store at the Arc. The winners were George Tottie, Olivia Rychlinska and Michelle Snelling.
Centre manager Colin Roberts said: “Our summer family events are a great way for kids to meet new friends and get involved with the different characters and competitions and this year was no exception.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud that we can offer free entertainment for families over the school holidays.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis