Samurai attack - teenager in hospital
A TEENAGER suffered serious head injuries after he was attacked with a sword during a fracas in an Essex town.
A TEENAGER suffered serious head injuries after he was attacked with a Samurai sword during a fracas in an Essex town.
The 19-year-old from Colchester was involved in a disturbance on the town's Greenstead Estate at the junction of Conifer Close and Blackthorn Avenue.
Police have said a large group of teenagers were involved in the incident just before 8pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was rushed to Colchester General Hospital where he is now in a stable condition.
High-visibility patrols have been stepped up in the area and efforts are being made to track other weapons which police believe were used during the trouble.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash
A 16-year-old has been arrested and bailed in connection with the attack until next month but detectives said they want to hear from anyone who has information about the attack.
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 0300 333 4444.