Sanders field now announced
ON Thursday April 29 (start time 19.45) Ipswich Speedway are proud to be staging the Billy Sanders Memorial Trophy (sponsored by the Evening Star) to mark the 25th anniversary of Billy Sanders’ tragic passing.
To honour Billy’s memory, the meeting will take the form of a Best Pairs event with 3 pairs of Australian riders and 3 British pairs competing for the title, featuring some of the most exciting riders in the Sky Sports Elite League and the best young riders from both continents. The bulk of both the Aussie and GB Lions national sides will be on track and fans are guaranteed an evening of no holds barred excitement.
There will be a special ‘Tribute to Billy Sanders’ program for the event and a host of Billy’s contemporaries – Tony ‘Shrimp’ Davey, Colin Cooke, Mick Lanham, Preben Eriksen and Kevin Jolly to name a few – will be invited to the meeting and will be available to chat to fans during the course of the evening.
Billy Sanders Memorial Trophy (Foxhall Stadium, Thursday April 29th, start 19.45)
1. Scott Nicholls & Olly Allen (GB)
You may also want to watch:
2. AN Other & Ty Proctor (Australia)
3. Eddie Kennett & Ben Barker (GB)
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
4. Rory Schlein & Davey Watt (Australia)
5. Tai Woffinden & Danny King (GB)
6. Troy Batchelor & Darcy Ward (Australia)