Santa’s grotto returns to Clacton pier for first time in five years
- Credit: Archant
Santa’s Grotto has returned to Clacton pier for the first time in five years.
The massive grotto has been created outside the Discovery Bay soft play area at a cost of £15,000 and will be open to the public until December 23.
The fun gets underway at the weekend with a host of ‘Breakfast with Santa’ events. After school events begin on Monday.
Nigel Brown, the pier’s communications manager, said: “We decided that if we are going to offer these Christmas activities again for the first time in five years, we needed to have a grotto that matches the standards of our other facilities.
“People travelling along the seafront from Holland-on-Sea direction towards Clacton an get a glimpse of the grotto on the eastern side of the pier.”
You may also want to watch:
Breakfast with Santa runs from 9am to 10.30am each Saturday and Sunday up to Christmas.
For full details of the pier’s Christmas events and to book tickets see www.clactonpier.co.uk
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall