Firm recruits dozens of new carers amid ‘skyrocketing’ demand
- Credit: Archant
Woodbridge-based care provider Sarah’s Carers is to recruit 30 new live-in carers to help meet “skyrocketing” demand.
The family-run business offers 24/7 live-in care in addition to daily care services.
Sarah Seaman, founder and director of Sarah’s Carers, said: “Demand for live-in care services has literally skyrocketed over the last few months, with many families looking into alternative options to residential care for their loved ones.”
As such, the firm is launching a major recruitment campaign to recruit the new live-in carers in Suffolk in response to a 200% increase in enquiries since the Covid-19 outbreak began.
Ms Seaman, a qualified nurse, added: “Most of us see our home as a safe place, a sanctuary even, and that has become increasingly evident during the pandemic – it’s therefore not surprising to see enquiries for home-based care grow.”
Live-in care supports older people or those with complex needs, such as a long-term health condition or disability.
It also helps them to continue living in their own home and provides valuable companionship while supporting with personal care.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
For more information, visit https://www.sarahscarers.com/