Sausage and cider festival coming to Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Colchester will be hosting its first-ever sausage and cider festival this summer.
Held at Charter Hall in the high street on May 23, announcements for the festival so far include more than 20 varieties of craft cider available for visitors to try.
Flavours of cider available include pear, strawberry, mango, chocolate, cola and even one rum-flavoured cider.
Organisers promise to provide more than "standard bangers you would find in your local supermarket", with bratwurst for sale and two independent sausage makers serving food on the day.
If you prefer your food and drink festivals to be more competitive, a two-minute sausage eating contest will also be hosted, and challengers will be welcome to try and win a chilli eating contest featuring the world's spiciest chilli, the Carolina Reaper.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature craft beers, a gin bar, prosecco, soft drinks as well as vegetarian and vegan food options.
Tickets are available now for the two sessions on the day, 12-5pm and 6-11pm.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 7 How it all unfolded as Town come back to grab a point against Owls
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks