Inconsiderate drivers reminded not to park in ambulance bays
- Credit: Simon Parker
Inconsiderate drivers have been reminded not to park in ambulance bays over concerns they could delay paramedics providing emergency care.
The reminder comes after a number of vehicles parked in the forecourt of the Saxmundham ambulance station, where ambulance, coastguard and Suffolk Accident Rescue Service staff are based.
Concerns have been raised over possible delays to services as a result of the problem, with staff recently being unable to refuel their ambulances due to a vehicle parked too close to their pumps.
A sign outside the Seaman Avenue station states the private forecourt is for ambulance parking only.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “At our Saxmundham Ambulance Station we have had occasional issues over the years with members of the public using the parking on the forecourt.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to remind the public respectfully to show consideration to our emergency crews.”
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich