Saxmundham bids farewell to market trader Dave Large who ‘brightened our days’ for 40 years
- Credit: Archant
A market trader has been wished a “long and prosperous retirement” after 40 years at the same pitch in Suffolk.
Members of the Saxmundham community joined Dave Large, 70, for a good luck toast of tea and cake as they bid farewell to the long-serving florist.
Mr Large has been making the two and a half hour journey from his Norfolk home to Saxmundham Market every Wednesday since 1977.
Regulars at the market said Mr Large “brightens our days” with his freshly picked flowers and plants.
Pat Humphrey, who was involved with the farewell celebration, added: “Super Dave Large really is as large as life - a really lovely person, always has a smile on his face with great helpfulness - we’re going to miss him.”
She wished said the locals wished Mr Large “good luck and a long and prosperous retirement”.
Mr Large’s farewell cake was made by Karen Baker and Stella Hunting of Trinity’s at No 14 cafe, where Mr Large spent “countless tea breaks”.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business