Fire crews tackle house blaze in village near Saxmundham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have battled a house fire at a property near to the A12 overnight.
Crews were called to a two-storey property in Main Road, Benhall, at 2.40am.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "On arrival crews found a small fire in the loft of the property. The upstairs was full of smoke.
"All occupants are accounted for and firefighters were fitting smoke alarms inside the property."
Crews extinguished the fire and a 'stop' call was made at 3.21am.
Appliances from Aldeburgh and Saxmundham were called to the blaze.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days