Saxmundham: Project to help shape town’s future gets �6,200 boost
A PROJECT that will help shape the future of a Suffolk market town has been given a major boost.
The Saxmundham Town Plan Working Party has been handed a grant of �6,200 from The Big Lottery Fund’s Awards for All scheme.
The money will enable an in-depth survey of residents to identify what they want to see in terms of improvements.
Christopher Lucas, Saxmundham resident and chair of the working party, said: “This is the exciting first step on a path that will lead to implementing the kind of changes townspeople really want to see.
“Success in our application means we have wasted no time in starting to compile the survey, which will be circulated to all residents this autumn.”
You may also want to watch:
Questions in the survey will be based on initial findings from public consultations earlier in the year. Results will then be published at the beginning of 2013.
Mr Lucas continued: “Saxmundham is an attractive and historic market town. But like many traditional country towns it must adapt and improve if it’s to stay being a great place to live.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
“This survey gives everyone the chance to say what they really want.
“Some things can be done quickly, while others will be a long haul. What we need is a comprehensive plan for action.”
The town plan project is driven by a group of residents who want to see Saxmundham develop in a way that meets the needs and wishes of people living in the town.
After public consultation and analysis of the survey findings the aim is to present a report to Saxmundham Town Council in spring next year.
It is then hoped the recommendations will be adopted - subject to resources - in a new Neighbourhood Plan.
The Saxmundham Town Plan Working Party is organised as five focus groups with responsibility for: environment, transport and access, social and community, economy and youth.
For more details visit www.saxtownplan.org.uk.