Chimney fire spreads through house

South Entrance Saxmundham

Fire crews were called to a house fire on South Entrance, Saxmundham - Credit: Google Maps

Firefighters have been called to a house fire where flames spread from the chimney.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to South Entrance in Saxmundham at around 6.40pm on Tuesday. 

Firefighters from Aldeburgh, Leiston and Saxmundham were all called to the scene.

A spokesman for the fire service said that the fire began in the house's chimney but spread into the building. 

Crews were able to bring the fire under control and a stop was called at 7.30pm. 


You may also want to watch:


All engines have returned to their stations. 

No injuries were reported at the scene.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter