Figures of fun in Bildeston scarecrow festival
- Credit: Archant
The streets and gardens of Bildeston were filled with figures of fun after being taken over by scarecrows for the weekend.
The village set to work in aid of the Suffolk Community Foundation after many of its community activities for the summer were cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Organiser Debbie Bailey said: “It’s been brilliant, the atmosphere has been great and we’ve had some fantastic scarecrows.
“Everyone has rallied round to donate some great prizes, the community spirit has really shone through. There’s also been quite a competitive spirit, but in a good way.”
There were a total of 74 scarecrows on display, with the event raising £1,284 for the Foundation. BBC Suffolk presenter Mark Murphy acted as judge to choose the best entries.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie said: “I thought if we could get 40 scarecrows we would be doing well, and we’ve nearly doubled it. Everyone has really got behind it.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win