Over 200 closures for Friday, March 2 – see a full updated list here
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 schools in Suffolk and Essex have already announced they will be closed today. See a full list and the latest updates here.
By 5.45pm yesterday, 95 schools in Suffolk had confirmed they will not be opening on Friday, while others have reported start times of 10am to allow pupils and staff extra time to get in.
In Essex, 124 have reported they are not opening on Friday. It brought the total yesterday evening to 219.
On Thursday, 256 schools out of 324 closed in Suffolk – just under the 279 figure on Wednesday. It was 357 in Essex, a fall from 392.
The complete list includes primary, secondary schools, children’s centres and pupil referral units.
Some schools are having to close because of shortages in staff numbers being able to make the journey because of public transport cancellations and road safety, while others have larger catchment areas which some schools feel may put people unnecessarily at risk.
You may also want to watch:
Teachers usually make the decision before 7am in the morning, with many already having announced this evening they are closed.
We will continue to update this page throughout the morning with the latest closures – check back on the website regularly and follow our Twitter and Facebook channels to keep up to date.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence