School unveils Olympic messages wall
A UNIQUE wall depicting 500 inspirational messages to celebrate the 2012 Olympic Games has been unveiled at a Kesgrave school.
On Saturday the ‘Wall of Challenges’ was opened at Heath Primary School by Sir Keith Mills, the deputy chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG).
The Wall of Challenges is a display of 500 ceramic tiles with personal challenges for 2012 written by pupils and staff at the school.
Contributions have also been made by 80 Olympic and Paralympic athletes, sports stars, politicians and authors including Lord Coe, Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, Tessa Jowell, David Miliband, Jonathan Edwards, Beth Tweddle, Kris Akabusi, Simon Clegg, Tom Daley, Karen Pickering, Ben Ainsley, Nicole Cooke, Lord Moynihan and Sir Chris Hoy.
Headteacher Sue Bowditch said: “The Olympic and Paralympic values are being used to inspire and motivate our pupils both inside and outside the classroom.
You may also want to watch:
“They have also spurred us on to build and develop very valuable partnerships with a whole host of groups in our community.”
Alongside the opening of the wall the school held a day of sport and music and invited the local community to join in the celebrations.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches