Schoolboy accused of pupil sex assault
A SUFFOLK schoolboy is due to appear in court today, charged with a sex assault on another male pupil.
The teenager, who lives in the north of the county, is accused of indecently assaulting a 13-year-old boy.
The incident is alleged to have happened while the boys were at school.
Neither the youngsters, nor the school, can be named in order to protect the identities of the accused and the alleged victim.
It is believed the alleged assault is said to have happened in the male toilets at the school.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager accused is scheduled to appear in Lowestoft this morning.
The hearing has been listed to go before the town’s youth court.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
The schoolboy was arrested on October 14 last year after an allegation was made of a sexual assault, which was said to have happened on October 5.
Following an investigation by Suffolk Police the teenager accused was charged on November 17.
He pleaded not guilty on January 6 to a charge of sexual assault on a male.
The youngster last appeared before Lowestoft magistrates on May 5.
The case was adjourned at that hearing until today at the request of the boy’s solicitor.
The teenager has been on unconditional bail since the last hearing.