Seal snapped enjoying early morning sun on boat
A seal was captured basking in the early morning sunshine after it hopped on board a barge boat on the River Stour.
The Thames sailing barge Thalatta was anchored for the night off Wrabness on the River Stour last week with a junior crew of children from Norwich School on board.
When skipper Cyril Varley went on deck around 7.30am on Friday, August 23, he found a large seal stretched out in the sunshine in one of the barge boats tied up to the vessel.
Mr Varley grabbed a quick snap, and Tam Preston, a photographer, who was on the boat during the week taking pictures for a photo shoot said it was quite a surprise.
"He went on deck to do his normal checks and there was the seal enjoying the sun," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"They are surprisingly agile and it had managed to hop right into the boat.
"He said the seal got back into the water eventually without any help and swam off."
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig