Adorable seal pup caught sunbathing in Felixstowe
This cuddly baby seal was spotted in Suffolk, sunning himself at Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club – and one lucky photographer managed to snap the perfect picture.
Ben Adams, born in Ipswich but now living in France’s Chamonix Valley, was in Felixstowe on Sunday to photograph the coast after a recent storm.
He spotted the cute creature on and quickly whipped out his camera to capture the moment the seal raised his head.
Mr Adams said: “I must have been about a foot away and the seal had no problem with it at all.
“There are quite a lot of seals in the water at Felixstowe and you can see them regularly from the ferry – but I thought people would like to see this seal up close and personal.”
You may also want to watch:
Worried that the animal was stranded on land or in distress, Mr Adams was reassured by locals that the mother of the pup was a regular sight on the town’s waterfront and the pup was in no immediate danger.
He added: “I think the population numbers are increasing. It is important that these communities thrive and people are aware that respecting these amazing creatures is understood.”
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's