Search continues for man who has abducted his three-year-old son from foster care in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are continuing their hunt today for a man who has abducted his three-year-old son.
Robert Gurling was last seen with his son at Great Notley at around 10.30am on Saturday May 2.
Mr Gurling, also known as Reg, is only allowed supervised contact with his son.
Police are now looking at bed and breakfasts and hotels in a bid to find the pair.
Mr Gurling, from Romford, is white, aged in his 40s, 6ft tall, of medium build and has cropped dark brown greying hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and jeans.
The boy has blonde hair and was wearing a jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and red trainers.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
It is thought the father and son may be travelling in a blue car.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Werrett, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have been making extensive enquiries.
“It may be that they are staying in hotels or bed and breakfasts.
“Mr Gurling has taken his child from his foster parents and it is vital that we find them so we can ensure the boy is safe and well.”
Anyone who sees Mr Gurling and his son should phone 999 immediately.
If you have less urgent information about their whereabouts call Essex Police on 01245 282103.